Pagina's

dinsdag 19 juli 2011

The right to choose: choose right.

What do you do?
I’m so jealous of people that know from scratch what their calling is.
Would be lovely to like one thing over the other, and be good at one thing in particular.
And be the best at that, while you're at it.
I’ve gone from wanting to become a professional goalkeeper, tennisplayer and judge, to REALLY wanting to become a singer/songwriter who played the piano and violin, fashion designer, shoe designer and writer/journalist.
Do you see the pattern? Unless you are a schizophrenic, I doubt you will: for the simple fact that there is none.

What about me?
I’ve done ok for myself, I don’t know whether it’s a 30ties thing or something (obviously I mean thirty as in AGE, not the decade: I'm not thàt old), but I feel quite overwhelmed with daily life for some time now.

I love a lot of stuff. Even making this blog I couldn't decide if it would become a blog with stories only, or also a site that carried stuff about fashion.
As you can read, I tend to use the word 'stuff'  a lot, because it compiles all the different topics that interest me, and again I avoid having to name one thing in particular, chicken as I am.

But I am almost ready to panic now.
There comes a time in your life when you really need to choose your path; you can't just do everything! Unless you want to do everything less than perfect. Which also doesn’t agree with me. What do you mean there’s no such this as perfect? Maybe not in the flesh; but surely should be an option in writing?

Sabotage
I seem to make my choices in the same way that I do my shopping: If you don’t know which way to go: go all the way in every way!
But unless you have super powers that allow you to be every place, any time and wear every style in all sizes, you’re bound to be screwed big time.
Somewhere along the line you have to move a certain way.
Isn’t there a way that you can change the signs on those crossroads?
Or would you be sabotaging yourself?


One way of sabotaging yourself is by making your choices thinking and looking at what other people around you do or think.
You should really celebrate your individuality though. At least, that's what I preach, but reality tells a different story.

The people that are strong enough to look past what society thinks is acceptable or 'normal' are usually the ones that are very succesful in the thing they choose to do. Or are absolute lunatics, which is also a sure possibility.

Someone once told me to do my best to think outside of the box: there's way more space you can dive into.
Which is obviously a very good point: Why would you settle down for a dull small box when you can dance around like a mad, but happy crazy person, in a large garden called 'Life'?



























Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten