Pagina's

dinsdag 19 juli 2011

Just what the doctor ordered

There I was, in the midst of all these fans who were screaming and waving to the large stage. The energy was unbelievable. The loud bass was pumping into my heart…it was just what the doctor ordered.

I entered the stage and the applause was so loud I could hardly hear myself speak.
The place was packed. Crazy litt'le fuckers, they did it again. I was flabbergasted by their sight.
Did anyone have eye for the dancers? They might have catched a glimpse, but it I felt like ten thousand eyes were piercing right through my body.
I instantly got a massive attack of goosebumps  (or chicken skin, as one of my Dutch girlfriends always called it) when the crowd sang along with me on one of my fave songs. It only takes a minute to be overwhelmed by the sound of that, I can assure you.
I couldn’t believe that after 20 years they still remembered every word, but they did; could it be magic?
Eventhough I felt unbelievably sick, I had to hold on: I had no choice but to sing out loud, run on stage, do a little impersonation of Beyonce shaking her bootylicious arse. A million love songs couldnt match this feeling.
There was no way I could let this totally wild pack of fans down by taking it easy!
They knew me; they totally knew my style. I had to be me, I had to show them how deep my love was.
There was no other choice.

After a few songs, the boys came to help me out, and I could read from their faces that they were equally grateful for this kind of attention.
The electrifying energy was palpable.
We proved our love through song, and it returned back to us: Our voices were echoed by a few thousand frantic fans.
I felt very small, humbled. And a big fat lucky bastard.

We reminisced about the old times together; but didnt refrain from our latest either.
We gave our all, and so did they.

Thanks for letting me entertain you.

Cheers, Robbie

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten