Pagina's

zaterdag 16 juli 2011

Friday, I´m in love.....

There are shitty days, and then there are days that just make you wonder why on earth you are ever negative. Yesterday, was one of those days for me.

Part I
I had to drive about a million miles to get to my first appointment of the day; with the managing editor of Talkies Magazine. Knowing myself; I brought my dress with me in the car, to avoid looking like´wrinkle wrinkle little star´ on arrival. I got to their office half an hour early, as I had calculated, and parked my car nearby for the finishing touches. I felt kinda like a cop getting ready for an undercover job, with the big difference that I was trying to change into myself instead of into another person.
I don´t know about you ladies, but I´m not one to manage driving with my platforms on, so the first thing I had to change was from my flats into my hot colour-block showstopper-pumps; after doing that I put some lacquer on my nails; left my new OPI-colour to dry for a few minutes and off I re-started and maneuvered the car to the automated barriers.
Ofcourse I stopped the car way too far to push the button for entering (which also always happens to me when I have to slide-in the card leaving a garage), but with an unbelievable arm-extension only a Harlem Globe Trotter could imitate, I managed to push it and up went the bar and in went my car.

Inside
As I told the receptionist my name, she looked at me with a I-feel-sorry-for-you-look that said as much as ´OMG, you´re actually called like thát?´ and then smiled at me when she said ´I´ll just tell them their guest has arrived´. Meaning that she felt bad for me that I had to pronounce and probably spell my name a minimum of 6 times a day, but obviously she wasn´t going to.

After a few minutes the editor came to get me: a tall, slim, beautiful girl with long hair in a colour you know is natural, and you will never get, no matter what dye you, or your hairdresser uses. She was dressed in black shorts and a white t-shirt; very simple but still carrying a certain kind of model-like sophistication; totally natural, which left me, and my grey empire-waisted satin-linnen blend dress, looking like an overdressed vampy-woman on her way to play bridge with her gin-tonic drinking permanently drunk-ass housewives-club, known for wearing nothing but really bad Roberto Cavalli leopard print outfits and loud Kenzo shawls knotted around their necks.
Apart from me feeling like an old tart, we had a supernice meeting and I´m positive you´ll hear more about the outcome very soon!

Part II
After this fruitful meeting I had to hurry my fabulous overdressed ass back to the city for a last-minute search of the perfect it-dress for the SuperTrash party at Club AIR.
I couldnt believe my eyes when I found the magical black laced baby doll dress by French Connection almost immediately: this was another sign that tonight was going to rock for sure!
I was all set to dance the night away; I changed and refreshed myself at my sister´s, and off my hubby and I went to get some AIR.

We entered the club and ofcourse I had to be frisked by the lady-bouncer.
She touched the fabric in between my bosom as it looked evidently tightly encaged, and asked what exactly it was she felt; she actually asked me what I had stashed there. Before I knew it I was telling her upfront that there was no space whatsoever left to insert anything other than my breasts. ´Trust me girl´, I heard myself saying, `there is no spare space left up in there`. She laughed out loud, which I was happy to see, as female bouncers still scare the shit out of me.

Ms SuperTrash
Inside, Ms SuperTrash was almost immediately in sight. Wearing a white mini dress with open back that showed off her perfect figure, her hair hanging from her shoulders in sultry long curly waves and her  bedroom-eyes combined with her signature perfect smile; she was a sure sight for sore eyes, as always.
I adored her.
I went up to her, and after the initial relief that she recognized me ( I secretly thanked God 34 times  eventhough I knew she knew me I wasnt sure if she would remember that she knew she knew me, am I making any sense?!) and before I knew it I was inside the VIP-area sipping drinks with LaGulsen and I cought myself silently singing ´Fuck You´ to every envious bitch that didnt believe I had met, sat, talked and laughed with Olcay before. We talked and her magic touched me once again.

As I looked around the room onto several female faces full of fury; I suddenly realised that my happy day had become another woman´s shitty day.....I was more than pleased to lift my white SuperTrash Gloved hand to raise a glass to that, and so I did....

1 opmerking:

  1. My jaws hurts from laughing :))) Ur so funny I absolutely loved it! This was the perfect ending to my day. Will sleep with a big smile on my face! Thank u! Xoxo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen